Skip to main content

Corn-mill, Feistritz (Styria)

Number: 13
Built: 1711
Date of translocation: 1966

The corn-mill is housed in a log building with the logs joined by notching. It has a steep shingle-covered roof with an overshot hipped end which created a sheltered entrance area. The mill has two sets of millstone, each powered by an overshot water-wheel housed in a stone wheel pit. The water-wheels turn the gear wheels which in turn drive the wallowers and spur wheels and so rotate the mill-stones. In the loft there is a small room for the miller.