Year of translocation: 1966
This building is typical of many village smithies. It was built in 1703 and consists of two sections. The section housing the smithy with the blacksmith’s forge, anvil and a variety of tongs, pliers, fullers and other tools used by the blacksmith is at one end of the building. This section is built of stone. At the other end are the blacksmith’s modest living quarters which comprise a small open-hearth kitchen and a second room which served both as living-room and bed-chamber. This section is of log construction. The building has a shingle-covered cruck roof.